Overview of Open Season
Open Season is for health insurance, vision and dental plans, and flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care.
· Employees who are not currently enrolled may enroll during open season.
· Employees currently enrolled in an FEHB or FEDVIP plan may change from one plan or option to another, change enrollment type, or cancel their enrollment.
· Enrollment in FEHB and FEDVIP continues automatically from year to year. If you are currently enrolled in FEHB and/or FEDVIP and do not wish to make changes to your plan, you will not need to re-enroll during open season.
· You do not have to be enrolled in FEHB to enroll in FEDVIP (dental and vision).
· You do not have to be enrolled in FEHB to enroll in FSAFEDS (flex spending accounts).
Additional information for each type of benefit is listed below:
PLEASE NOTE: if you decide to cancel your FEHB enrollment and are nearing retirement the cancellation may affect your ability to meet the 5 year requirement for continuing FEHB into retirement.
Enrollment and plan changes are made online through the Judiciary Benefits Center.
FEDVIP-Dental and Vision
Enrollment and plan changes can be completed online through https://benefeds.com or by calling the BENEFEDS Customer Service at 1-877-888-FEDS (1-877-888-3337).
FSAFEDS-Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare and Dependent Care)
Enrollment in FSAFEDS does not continue automatically from year to year. Even if you are currently enrolled in FSAFEDS, you must re-enroll during open season for 2019 if you want to participate. If you do not enroll for 2019 during open season, your participation will terminate.
Enrollment is done online through the Judiciary Benefits Center.
· JNet Open Season and Annual Enrollment Page.
· There will be two different Open Season-themed Benefit for Life Webinars held in November:
· Federal Benefits Open Season and Year-End Benefits Reminders: An introduction to the Open Season and a summary of annual benefits considerations will be presented on Tuesday, November 13, 2018, at 2:00 PM ET.
· Open Season Guidance for Successful Enrollment: A tour of the Judiciary Benefits Center and the Open Season portal will be presented on Tuesday, November 27, 2018, at 2:00 PM Eastern time.
· Links to these webinars can be found at: http://jnet.ao.dcn/human-resources/benefits/benefit-life-hour