The seminar will be informed by the input of CUEs from across the judiciary in a recent needs assessment survey and focus on three leadership competencies identified as most critical to the success of new CUEs: Integrity and Trust, Ethics and Values, and Embracing and Communicating Vision and Purpose.
The New CUE Leadership Seminar builds on the New Court Unit Executives’ Tool Kit, an online resource designed to connect new CUEs to educational and support resources during the first three years in their new role. While new CUEs will benefit the most from this resource, it is available to everyone. To continue to meet the educational needs of new CUEs, the Center welcomes feedback on the tool kit.
The planning committee members are:
· John Bentley, Chief, U.S. Probation Office, South Dakota
· Angela Caesar, Clerk of Court, U.S. District & Bankruptcy Courts, District of Columbia
· Vikram Chandhok, Chief Circuit Mediator, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit (*liaison to the Executive Education Advisory Committee)
· Ken Gardner, Clerk, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Colorado
· Scott Kowal, Chief, U.S. Pretrial Services Office, New York Southern
· Sean McAvoy, District Court Executive/Clerk of Court, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
· Richard Nagel, Clerk, U.S. District Court, Ohio Southern
· Susan Thurston, Clerk of Court, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Rhode Island
· Margaret Vigil, Chief, U.S. Probation Office, New Mexico
Questions about education and programming for new CUEs can be directed to Education Specialist Jessie Folk at 202-502-4229 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Senior Education Specialist Garbo Cheung-Jasik at 202-502-4103 or email@example.com.