I would like to point out that an impressive group of eight candidates sought a position on the board of governors for 2018 – 2020. This was the most participation I have witnessed since being involved with the organization.
Also, the NCBC members elected two new officers, they are: Mona Sparks (KYEB) who will serve in the capacity of Treasurer and Una O’Boyle (DEB), the new President-Elect. We will greatly benefit from the dedication and enthusiasm these individuals bring to the organization. A special note of gratitude is extended to Regina Thomas (GANB) as she assumes the position of Past President. NCBC has benefitted immensely from the leadership that Gina provided the past three years.
The board and officers who will be serving the needs of the membership for the upcoming year are:
• Board of Governors: Carolyn Baker (NCEB), Matt Brittain (NCMB), Eileen Garrity (MAB), Mary Schott (NVB) and Teresa Underwood (OHNB)
• Past President: Regina Thomas (GANB)
• President Elect: Una O’Boyle (DEB)
• Secretary: Shannon Morris (GANB)
• Treasurer: Mona Sparks (KYEB)
• Web Administrator: Joe Markley (NCMB)
• Impact Editor: Jan Zari (CACB)
• Co-Historians: Jennifer Paro (CACB) and Jeff Davis (SCB)
More information on these individuals are under the Administration tab of ncbcweb.com.
What’s in store for 2019?
• Early next year, we will gear up for our membership drive. Our co-chairs of the membership committee, Mary Schott and Jeff Peirce (NJB), have several items in store for a successful membership campaign.
• The Benefits committee, co-chaired by Matt Brittain and Kevin Dempsey (INSB), continue to look at different value added benefits for the membership.
• Our Mentors group is getting ready to kick off their new season and more information will come shortly from Carolyn Baker and Johanne Remy, co-chairs.
• The Awards and Scholarship committee is organizing the 2019 scholarships and recognition efforts. Teresa Underwood and Katherine Schneider (OHNB) are the co-chairs.
• An initiative to develop a staff leadership development program called “LEAD” Academy (leadership, excellence, and development) is being spearheaded by Sandy Smith (CAEB), who is working with a sub-group from our outreach committee.
• NCBC, along with the Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Tennessee, will be sponsoring a HR Forum in April 2019 in Atlanta, GA. More information will be available shortly. Regina Thomas and Lisa Haney (TNWB) are working on the program agenda specifics.
• Our annual educational conference is slated for August 5 – 8 in Chicago IL. Co-chairs Eileen Garrity and Sharon Zurowski (ILNB) have kicked the education committee into high gear to prepare for a memorable educational program.
Please contact any of the Board members to convey ideas you might have, or tell us how we might better serve you – our members.