2018 Membership Drive and Member Appreciation Week
It’s that time of year – to renew your NCBC dues. Membership Chair, Sabrina Palacio-Garcia, and her committee are working hard on both the membership drive and the Member Appreciation Week to follow. Please look out for emails on the upcoming membership drive and Member Appreciation Week!
The NCBC is partnering with the FCCA to offer EDR Training in Omaha, Nebraska on March 5-7, 2018. This is another specialized training program we hope will serve many of our members. A NCBC fall program is in the planning stages and we hope to have more news to share shortly. If you have an idea for specialized training that can be offered by the NCBC, please contact President Elect and Outreach Committee Chair, Eddy Emmons.
A few items of note:
Over the coming months there will be a lot of news shared about the 2018 Education Conference in NYC on August 12-15. Here are a few things that may help to know now:
· The tentative date to open registration is May 1, 2018.
· There is a slight change in the conference schedule – MSU and the Board Meeting are Sunday (8/12); the conference is Monday (8/13), Tuesday (8/14) and concludes at 12 Noon on Wednesday (8/15).
· Please make sure that you can access MemberClicks and your contact information is correct. We have many instances each year where a member has a personal email listed (rather that a work address) and the email is no longer valid. Also, check your preferences to be sure you are set to receive email notifications from the NCBC.
· There are a limited number of government rate rooms nights before and after the actual conference dates at the host hotel. When you successfully complete conference registrations and receive the link to the hotel, narrow your arrival/departure dates if you receive a message that no rooms are available.
· There is a great overflow hotel literally around the corner from the host hotel and that information will be provided during registration. If the host hotel is unavailable, check the overflow hotel. One important note – to receive the government rate at the overflow hotel, your stay must include Sunday night. That should not be an issue since the conference begins Monday morning.
Thank you for your continued support of the NCBC and its mission. The officers, board and staff are just a phone call or email away, so please let us know how we can be of service.