DCUEs who have served in their position for three years or more, are responsible for managing supervisors, and are considered members of the executive team are eligible to participate. Interested candidates will be asked to submit an application for consideration. Applications will be accepted for review on a rolling basis beginning in January 2018. Applicants must receive notice of acceptance and placement in order to attend the program.
Center staff and a planning committee of DCUEs and court unit executives met in early 2017 to continue designing an education and training curriculum for DCUEs, focusing in particular on the needs of DCUEs who have served in their positions for three years or more. The Experienced DCUE Program is an outcome of that effort, and the Center plans to conduct this program as often as funding and need exist.
The inaugural offering of the Center’s Experienced Deputy Court Unit Executives Program will be held in Pittsburgh, PA from October 11 - 13, 2017. Participants of this two-and-a-half-day program will:
· Describe ways to implement and maintain trust and integrity in relationships with the CUEs and the management teams;
· Articulate strategies to align the management team to the organizational vision;
· Describe three strategies and techniques that ensure clear and productive communications with the CUE and the management team;
· Use root cause analysis to identify a specific court unit problem and develop possible solutions;
· Identify steps to take to educate the management team about decision making traps;
· Demonstrate strategies to delegate, manage disagreement, and overcome entropy in the workplace; and
· Develop Individual and Organizational Action Plans to commit to specific professional development activities and organizational development activities and projects for FY18.
For more information on the Experienced Deputy Court Unit Executives Program and other programming for deputy court unit executives, contact Education Specialist Missy Cross at 202-502-4057 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information on leadership and management education for judiciary executives, visit the Center’s Executive Education web page.